QuionMonkey and Ybonesy are writing/blogger pals over at Redravine. As I understand it, I am supposed to write a blog about eight random items of interest about myself. In that blog, I am also to tag eight other bloggers to do the same in a blog about themselves and include these rules of the tag. I then leave each of them notes to let them know they have been tagged.
Ybonesy explained the tagging process this way: “to share eight random things about ourselves. “Tagging” (aka a meme) is kind of like those chain letters you get via email — send this note to a dozen other people and you will get showered with joy — except without the prognostications of happiness, good fortune, or money if you follow through.” Does seem like an interesting way to get to know others and just have a fun writing challenge! So here we go…
1. I am not very random. I try to be. And I very much enjoy others who are random and spontaneous. I tend to plan and anticipate and organize and plan some more.
2. My right and left brains constantly battle. I am seriously tortured by the feuding between my business and artistic selves.
3. Liza and I have been enjoying life’s adventures together since 1984. Time with her, and the rest of our families, is my greatest joy.
4. I like making old things new or usable again. Consequently, I love rehabbing, yard sales, vintage stores, 50’s modern, old cars, historic architecture.
5. I try to look for the good in all things, but there are a few things I hate: cooked cabbage, lima beans, intolerance, being late and/or unprepared.
6. I lived in Key West, FL for 17 happy years.
7. I changed my college major 5 times. (art, education, journalism, business and merchandising… I just loved learning and I still do.)
8. I love things that sparkle. Yes the obvious like diamonds, crystals and jewels. But also, sparkling conversation, downtown raindrops in the evening lamplight, giggles, sunset reflections on ocean waves, snow and ice covered woods on a sunny midday, the eyes of healthy babies, coins, candlelight, fireworks, and enthusiasm.
There. Now here is who I am tagging: