Here is a wrap up of my non-blogging past week or so. We can call them “Anita’s Top 10 Excuses for Being Bloggless in Bristol”. Here we go:
1. TOYS! I was playing with (being amazed by) Diane’s new iphone. I am usually the thoughtful consumer who is not too quick to own the newest technology. This is basically because I am usually playing catch up with the last bit of technology to come my way. Also, I always think…”let ’em get the bugs out first… the price will come down if I wait…” etc.
But this little cutie, the i-phone that is, is so amazing and user friendly that I am afraid I may have to have one sooner rather than later. My budget thanks you Diane! hehe.
The iphone, or is it i-phone, or is it I-phone? Anyway, it allows one to take a photo, e-mail it to your sweetie, all from wireless signal amazingly available in most areas of our small town. Get a call, text a message, check e-mail and never get lost with the onboard GPS! Well, I’m sure Apple doesn’t need little ole me to know they have a great product.
2. FAMILY. My Liza’s eldest brother came to town for a friendly 3 day visit to wrap up family matters relating to their mother’s passing. Jerry hosted a lovely evening at the lake. Below is the nice lake shot Liza snapped as our proof!
3. FRIEND. Dear Friend of 30+ years came to visit and was endless source of fun and encouragement. I think she appreciated the cool mountain air, a change of space, and the relaxed yet interesting mix of people and things to do and see.
So much catching up, old photo reviewing to do. So many new ideas and dreams to share, so little time!
4. MORE FRIENDS. In addition to eldest brother and Dear Friend, we also enjoyed a 2 day visit from C & C, good old friends from Key West, as they made their way back down south from their summer northern retreat. SO NICE to see them! Took them for a long drive around (lake, dam, speedway, mountains, childhood spots, new library, city parks, historic propperties, etc.) while Dear Friend entertained herself with walks and naps.
5. BUYING FLOWERS. Took the whole crowd to the bi-weekly Farmer’s Market in our town and scored a whole bag of home grown delights for just a few dollars! I bought small cucumbers and home-made oatmeal and coconut cookies. I also found a huge bunch of sunflowers (two dollars!), one of which was captured by Liza’s Cannon (shown above).
126.96.36.199. and 10. REHABBING! We closed on a house that will become our next rehabbing project! Our friends helped us initiate the new house with laughter and an afternoon of gardening as they expressed their hopes for our success in bringing this hip mid-century charmer back to a useful and modern life.
More about this project to come. Probably too much more… as rehabbing projects can become all consuming! But we are excited to begin again. Starting Over once more… this time with a project of our own choosing. So stay tuned for progress reports on the project that Dear Friend has named “Fairfield Manor”.
Those are my current excuses… and good ones they are!!! Warm wishes to all.