Here is the kitchen of our rehab project house. Scary, heh? Demo is completed and the kitchen has been opened up and the new stairs to the lower level have been framed in. Now we are waiting for Kitchen Floyd to complete the design of the cabinetry so we can:
1. order granite tops
2. order appliances
3. call electrician Jamie to update electrical before closing up the walls.
4. so then we can get the dry wall guys (and gals)
5. so then we can install the cabinetry
6. then call the hardwood installers, pick out sink and fixtures, paint……….
The list seems endless at this point. But exciting to see our first accomplisments:
1. Old fireplace surrounds removed.
2. Old spiral stairs replaced with a well located straight stairs to lower level which brings more light into the space.
3. Tons of debris from demo removed.
4. 3 1/2 rooms of wallpaper removed.
5. Most of fencing and stacked stone walls have been power washed sparkling clean. Thanks Liza.
6. Preliminary meeting with heat and air Tom. Waiting for his quote.
7. Lots of planning and dreaming about the final product. (my favorite part)
Tomorrow: more blasted wall paper removal. But it is just more time to think and plan and dance with my scraper to NPR classical tunes in the morning and sassy blues in the afternoon. Time to bond with this place. Time to discover what this house has been, how it passed through different reincarnations. Time to dream of what it might become.